I’m lucky to have a great life. There are people who love me wholly and whom I love, wholly. I have my own business, plus I dance for fun and for work, and that’s a pretty good gig if you ask me. 🙂 So when I was going through a list of writing prompts for inspiration and saw the question, “what would you tell your 10-year-old self?” … well, I thought it would be a fun challenge.
|I’m really only nine in this picture …
trust me, it’s better for all of us if I don’t post pictures from when I was 10. Yikes.
So here’s what I’d say to myself (whether or not I’d listen might be a different story!):
- You have the world by a string. Your responsibilities are few. ENJOY THIS TIME.
- Take the best possible care of your body. You are not invincible, no matter what you think on this day.
- Cherish your family, even the brothers who pick on you sometimes.
- ^ ^ ^ Same goes for your friends.
- Take tumbling classes now. In fact, go back in time to your 5-year-old self and tell her to take tumbling classes. Seriously.
- Know how to say no to people, events, concepts. Not all the time. But know how to say it when it counts.
- Remember how much fun it is to let go, to be footloose and fancy-free.
- Be patient. Things will come. Give them time.
- Don’t be too patient. If you want something, make it known, and work toward it.